HTC has announced a new model for the UK, with the HTC One SV set to arrive in a few weeks on EE’s new 4G LTE network. The One SV is a moderately high-spec Android model, powered by Qualcomm’s awesome Snapdragon S4 in dual-core configuration, alongside 1GB of RAM, outputting Android 4.0 to a 4.3″ Super LCD 2 display.
Plus it has NFC onboard and HTC has done that usual thing where it changes the clock and a few other things. Here it is:
Looks significantly more interesting from the back. Also comes in blue. The downside here is a 480×800 resolution display, meaning it won’t be as super-sharp as some of today’s super-phones, and a 5megapixel camera. So it might be a little cheaper than HTC’s previous One series models.
Here’s the release. Full tech specs of the HTC One SV at the end:
HTC EXTENDS ACCLAIMED ONE SERIES WITH HTC ONE SV
Super-fast LTE connectivity boosts the amazing camera and authentic sound of the award-winning One series
LONDON — 11TH DECEMBER, 2012 — HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, today unveiled the latest model in its award-winning One series, the HTC One SV. This new model combines the superfast speed of 4G LTE, an amazing camera and studio-quality sound with HTC’s stunning signature design. Running HTC Sense™ 4 on Android™ ICS, it is designed for those who want their smartphone to keep pace with their hectic lifestyle.
“The HTC One SV heralds the next generation of smartphone performance and lightning fast mobile internet,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “We’re delighted to help fuel the spread of 4G LTE networks worldwide with models that enable our customers to enjoy web browsing, movie streaming and Internet radio more quickly and more smoothly than ever before.”
Dependable, superfast performance
Featuring a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor, and taking full advantage of the latest mobile network technology, the HTC One SV offers exceptional performance, enabling high-quality video streaming, gaming and seamless multitasking.
Never run out of space for documents, movies, pictures and apps with Dropbox and SkyDrive integration, which, supported by HTC One SV’s Micro SD card slot, expands the onboard memory by up to 32GB per card. Thanks to the latest NFC technology and Android Beam, you can also share your content with a simple tap of the phone to another NFC-enabled device.
Amazing camera, authentic sound
The HTC One SV offers the amazing camera synonymous with the acclaimed One series. Advanced functions, including one-press Continuous Shooting and VideoPic combined with advanced low-light performance for beautiful shots in challenging lighting conditions. The HTC One SV’s 5 megapixel, f/2.0 Back Side Illuminated main camera with Panorama and 1080p HD Video Recording is complemented perfectly by a 1.6 megapixel front facing camera, which also features backside illumination, and an f/2.2 lens. Whether at sunset or in candlelight, the HTC One SV’s front camera promises a self-portrait to treasure.
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ transforms the listening experience of the HTC One SV, offering studio-quality, authentic sound across all music, gameplay and video playback. New HTC Sync Manager also makes syncing and managing your music collection even easier, ensuring your entire library is as mobile as you are.
True to HTC’s heritage, the HTC One SV, with its 4.3 inch super LCD-2 touch screen, sports an elegant design in a range of exciting colours: Pyrenees blue and Glacier white. Its polycarbonate body is solid yet soft to the touch and is set off by matching silver or metallic rim belts, and colour-co-ordinated mesh for a premium finish.
The HTC One SV will be available in the UK via selected operator, retail and distribution partners in the coming weeks.
Launch partnership with EE
HTC is delighted to announce that EE will be a partner for the HTC One SV. With 4G LTE capability, the HTC One SV represents a powerful option for customers to take advantage of EE’s mobile network. The combination of the HTC One SV’s outstanding performance and EE’s superfast 4G network make for an ideal partnership. Details on the HTC One SV from EE, including availability and pricing will be announced in due course.
HTC One SV Specifications
SIZE: 128 x 66.9 x 9.20 mm
WEIGHT: 122 grams with battery
DISPLAY: 4.3-inch super LCD-2 touch screen with Gorilla® Glass 2 (480 x 800 resolution)
• Qualcomm S4 1.2 GHz, Dual-core
• Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4™
• Total storage: 8GB
• RAM: 1GB DDR2
• Expansion card slot: Supports microSD card for additional storage (card not included)
900/1900/2100 MHz (EMEA)
800/1800/2600 MHz (EMEA)
• Tri-Axis Accelerometer
• Proximity sensor
• Ambient light sensor
• 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
• Bluetooth with aptX™ enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)
• Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
• NFC capable (Google wallet compatible)
• FM Radio
• Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™ built in
• 5 megapixel main camera with auto focus, Panorama, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
• f/2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
• HD 1080p video recording
• 1.6 megapixel front camera with BSI sensor for better low light captures (720p for video recording) Dedicated HTC ImageChip for fast focus and clearer, sharper shots.
• VideoPic: Shoot video and capture pictures at the same time
• Continuous shooting: One-press continuous shooting captures up to 60 shots at up to 4fps
• Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
• Video stabilization: Removes shakiness for smooth, professional videos
• Slow motion video capture and playback
Audio supported formats:
• Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
• Recording: .amr
Video supported formats:
• Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
• Recording: .mp4
• Assisted GPS + GLONASS
• Digital Compass
• Removable & rechargeable Li-ion battery
• Capacity: 1800 mAh
• Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
• DC output: 5 V and 1 A