HTC Desire battery life booster trick

An odd battery charging technique involving charging the phone, turning it off and charging it a bit more apparently boosts the Desire’s battery capacity by a huge amount. Sounds crazy and we don’t really believe it, but many, many people are saying the battery charging trick works – and can DOUBLE the uptime of the famous Android phone.

So here’s HTC’s advice on how to enhance your Desire’s battery, taken from an old XDA forum thread that’s recently taken off again:

“To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly: 1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well”

Sounds utterly ridiculous, but… people are saying it works. The fish appears rather sceptical:

htc desire battery life trick

A load more positive evidence about the Desire battery trick actually working can be found over on the Android Forums. We think it’s scientifically impossible to mess with the laws of battery operation like this, but you never know. Anyone here given it a go?

141 ResponsesLeave one →

1. This just resets the scale for the reported battery level. So it’s worth doing as you see a more accurate figure, but doesn’t affect performance unfortunately.

2. I have tried this and it worked on my Desire.
    I reported this on my website this morning! Its surprising that it works, but it does.

I managed to get 34+ hours battery out of my phone on Saturday and that was with regular use. I’m not totally sure what the trick is doing, but it may be that in some way it is resetting the Android battery profiling or something.

I usually get just over 24+ hours on a normal charge.

• PaulH

/  September 26, 2011

All phones (including the HTC desire S) will draw a variable amount of current from the battery (and hence determine battery life) depending upon many factors which include signal strength, data services, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and number of voice calls so unless you perform a VERY controlled test then any results are essentially meaningless. For those who are sceptical about claims of doubling batter life, please remain wisely sceptical

3. Daniel

/  August 16, 2010

If the fish is sceptical, then so am I.

4. MarkG

/  August 16, 2010

Can I sue Eurodroid if it damages the phone, the battery or sets my house on fire due to overcharging?

Shouldn’t these things come with some kind of disclaimer?

5. desire sg

/  August 16, 2010

How does it works? It will extend the battery life permanently? Or do we have to do this everytime we charge?

6. penhapus

/  August 16, 2010

Is this a one time taa-daa, or do I have to do this every time? If it’s the latter, then I’ll just carry on taking my USB cable with me…

7. Trilby

/  August 16, 2010

Have they tried rolling the battery between their hands and putting it back again? Usually buys you another half an hour.

• Gary C

/  August 16, 2010

Batteries are flat and square these days. They’d have to slot them into an armpit for five minutes.

• they can also be placed between the bum cheeks for 5 minutes. works excellent with the brown htc desire

8. Like I have the time…;)

9. Haha this article made my day. Froyo makes the battery last longer for a bit more. No need for this craziness.

10. I’ve found the best way to boost battery life on my Desire is to say a little prayer over the device every morning, and take it to be blessed by a priest once a month. Most modern churches will offer this service.

11. Heinrich

/  September 3, 2010

I’ve found that shouting in German also works to get the absolute *most* out of your battery

12. I too am generally a skeptic, and I tired this method before coming across your site. I can’t explain it, but, but, it does work. I finished the method of charging at 8pm on day 1 and didnt have to charge until 11am day 3. That was with rather light usage, including some texting, calls, internet use and a couple of games. I see a huge difference!

13. ronin53207

/  September 20, 2010

it worked for my desire, went from about 7 hours to 24hours I dont know how.

14. Kevin Cock

/  September 24, 2010

I’ve tried this trick on my T-Mobile HTC Desire and it did not work! :( However, I think this maybe due to the fact that I dropped the phone into the toilet after I had evacuated my bowels and it got covered in urine and faeces :(

15. Worked for me! I could not survive the day on one charge. Now it goes for 2! HTC desire 2.1.

16. Unbelievable but true. I read this article with a lot of skepticism and wondered exactly how this was possible.

I followed the instructions at work yesterday and thought no more about it.

Used it to play music last night and watched about an hour of iplayer on it before bed. Awoke this morning to find it’s depleted by just one notch and it’s still the same now!

How is this possible?! Someone please explain!

17. boojay

/  October 1, 2010

I’m skeptical as well, but I’ve already gone through the 8 hour cycle, the 1 hour cycle, and am now on the last 1 hour cycle. Fingers crossed that it will work!

18. Harry

/  October 12, 2010

Does this have to be done when the battery is completely dead or not?

19. Rick

/  October 15, 2010

This is amazing, it just works! My battery life just went from a few hours to over 24 hours on a single charge. And it has stayed that way with normal charging for a week now…

20. Luke Webber

/  October 16, 2010

It definitely worked for me, but about three weeks later, I find the battery life has suddenly become worse than ever. What happened was that I depleted he battery rather badly one particular day, and the next morning, it had again only charged to 93%, then rapidly ran down again. Trying the trick again now, with fingers crossed.

Thanks for the helpful post, BTW.

21. Samuel

/  October 20, 2010

Stumbled upon this simple guidelines for prolong battery life, share it here, http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/37598-simple-guidelines-how-prolong-lithium-based-batteries.html wish help.

22. MarkH

/  October 21, 2010

I sent an email to the techies of HTC and the basically said this method does work and they implore users to try it. They assured me it would work for my HTC Desire HD too:
    *Charge with your phone on til the light turns green
    *Switch off your phone- then charge again til the light turns green
    *Switch the phone back on, and charge it again til the light turns green.

**Remembering to unplug between each step.

23. Ivan Babovic

/  October 23, 2010

My Desire usually runs BT, WiFi, GPS and Mobile turned on all day. I usually charge it every night, so it gets about 6-7 hours of recharge every night.
    Two days ago, my battery drained after just about 12 hours.
    Just tried this trick yesterday. After over 14 hours, battery was down to 57%.
    Today, I turned everything off (BT, WiFi, GPS and Mobile), just leaving the phone function on. After 13 hours, the battery is at 87%. Will not charge it tonight and see how much it can last on a single charge now, after applying the trick. If this thing works, then it could be fantastic for Skype for Android, as this one drains the battery with everything on + Skype in 4 hours.
    Will keep you posted.

24. erolagnab

/  October 25, 2010

Amazing. It works.
    I browse internet heavily in the morning (started at 9am), normally when reaching office (after 1 and half hour) battery stayed at 87% (it was down 60% before) … i left ebuddy on all the time, occasionally phone and email. On the way home, I browsed internet for another 1 and half hour. Down to 67% … turned of data, turn on wifi, does sync, and now (10pm): 35%. It’s been more than i expected….

Thanks for great tips.

One of thing I noticed on the trick is that, in the second step, after shutting down and charge, it showed amber light which means 8 hours charge in the 1st step didn’t really fill up the battery….

25. When i turn phone off and plug it in to charge , when its connects it turns itself on again! when i try turn off them it just ‘powers off’ for ever. i usually have to pull battery out…
    So dont seem to be able to charge it when off!

• Matt

/  November 5, 2010

Same problem here….

• I had this problem but realised if i waited a minute or 2 after turning off the phone, then plugging in the charger, the phone remained off and still charged. HTC Desire

26. jason

/  November 1, 2010

I’t possible this works as batterys need to be conditioned, thats why they say to leave the device on charge for a long time for the inital charge as it will condition the battery.

27. IT WORKS !!! 100% !!! Battery life x 2 !!!

28. Gary C

/  November 2, 2010

I still don’t believe it. My Desire’s nearly three months old now, so I’m looking forward to giving it a go.

29. Scott

/  November 8, 2010

It’s true and HTC calls it “conditioning” the battery

30. Mpohoril

/  November 15, 2010

Seems that charger circutry or controller software is not good enough in HTC desire. So, it is not capable to provide optimal charging mode for the battery.
    This is he thing to improve for HTC engineers

31. Did not work for me – HTC Desire with Froyo.

32. Paul Haynes

/  November 23, 2010

Hi, tried this on HTC DESIRE HD, wow it worked a treat. Before i used to get until about 3pm and phone was dying ready for a charge, after using watching videos, playing games, surfing web at work, i know i do have a great job with lots of time to play. Now doing the same stuff as usual phone still going at 10pm………AMAZING

33. Bevans

/  November 24, 2010

Hi – my DHD is due for delivery today…i’m excited as its my first Android phone!

Based on the conditioning tips and all the info in this thread, could anyone suggest the best charging cycle for a new battery??
    1. Should I adopt this method straight away??
    2. Can the phone be used during the 8hours charge period?
    3. Or should I resist temptation and allow it to charge fully and follow the conditioning procedure above??

34. Sponge Finge

/  November 24, 2010

You could try reversing the batteries, jiggling them and warming them up. Not sure where I got those ideas.

35. chiocken

/  December 4, 2010

Yep, this seems to have worked for me. I charged a new battery until the LED turned green (~4 hours), then unplugged it, turned it off, charged it again for an hour, then unplugged, turned on for 2 minutes, then off again and charged for an hour.

The phone has been on for about 27 hours now with moderate use (that includes no use overnight) and is still at about 60%. Uptime is 31 hours, awake time is 7 hours.

36. Steve

/  December 5, 2010

LOL!.. this is sounding like one of those websites profusing penile enlargement exercises and medicines.

You have what you have and you gotta live with it ROFL!

• Anonymous

/  December 6, 2010

WELL YOU SHOULD KNOW, I DON’T HAVE TO LOOK AT PENILE ENLARGEMENT WEBSITES SO I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT……………………HAVE YOU ACTUALLY GOT A DESIRE PHONE AND TRIED THIS ?
      LIKE YOU SAY IN YOUR COMMENT…….YOU’VE A SMALL DICK LIVE WITH IT !

37. This works a treat: turn off the phone, take out the battery and leave it on the windowsill. Wait two weeks. Put the battery back in and turn the phone on. The battery has retained almost all of its charge for a fortnight! Now that’s what I call impressive!

38. Georgia H

/  December 13, 2010

how do I charge my HTC Desire (while the phone is on) until the light turns green, then turn off and chrage till the light goes green, as surly the light will already be green from charging when the phone is on?

39. OMG! 8 +1+1 hrs of charging. Its total waste of time and waste of battery life!
    Technically its total 10 Hrs of battery charging. If we overcharge anything it will deliver you extra 1-2 hrs backup but indeed your battery life will came down for 1/2 of the original. In day we have 24 hrs out of them 10 hrs gone for charging! then whats the use of this method. Just one line suggestion don’t overcharge! instead charge battery for 4-5 hrs and then use phone! Make Blue-tooth off, don’t use always on mobile network connection, Use advance task-killer to kill running process before every phone lock. ( Just put task killer icon on every screen of sense )

• I think the point is that you do this once to condition the battery, and then continue to use the device as normal. Then perhaps repeat the process in 6 months or so of ‘lazy’ charging.

• Gary C

/  December 23, 2010

Actually, seeing as this post is so old now – does anyone have any long-term opinions? Does the effect tail off quickly, or does it last?

• mr. P

/  December 23, 2010

I call bullshit on any negative effects of “overcharging” Li-Ion batteries, see article below. The article also gives a possible explanation for the positive effects of this “trick” .

• Andy

/  December 31, 2010

Prashant, you don’t understand how Android tasks work. It’s not like Windows, where killing tasks frees up memory (and subsequently causes minutely lower power drain), it is more like prefetching, where the tasks stay in the nonvolatile memory until needed again. Killing tasks means they take longer to start next time and of course it takes you time to kill the tasks. Since your apps take longer to start, killing apps wil actually reduce “effective” battery life.

40. Matthew

/  December 29, 2010

Hi, this works a treat. Just got my Desire (for Christmas) and was very dissapointed with the battery level (i.e. 12 hours between 100-0%).

Did this trick this morning, started using phone @ 10:30am), now 8pm and it’s @ 63%.

Thanks very much for posting this.

41. terry

/  December 31, 2010

When I got my new desire hd the first and second days I was lucky to get 8 hours of use even with tweaking the phone. Did the trick above then I was getting 36 hours!!! God knows how and I did not do anything else to my phone and still used it for web browsing,games and sat nav.
    However installed HTC OTA update on the 29 dec and all of the sudden as soon as I unplugged my phone it lost 20% in hour and half then all power after 10 hours. I will do the same trick again tomorrow and let you know what happens.

42. Neil

/  January 2, 2011

My new dhd does not show an orange light after being unplugged for the 2nd stage, and am sure it won’t for the 3rd stage either. Guess that means it is already optimized. Any coments?

43. terry

/  January 3, 2011

Just to update my earler post. I did the battery trick today and unplugged my phone at 1pm. It is now 16.45pm and battery is on 91%. Too much of a coincidence I think. This obviously does work, it must do something to the battery circuits.

44. this does actually work ! my desire hd was only giving me 4 hours but am now getting 30 hrs

45. deeps

/  January 7, 2011

so do we need to do it every time or once is enough?

46. sneh

/  January 8, 2011

will this work on a legend?

47. keks

/  January 9, 2011

I’m at 80 % now …time since unplugged is 5 h 59 min and 2,3,4 sec ;D …ummm I’ve been editing my widgets for a combined total of time around 30 min… turning wifi on and off, also 3G on and off…had about 10 calls …around 10 texts, brightness: custom…less than medium I think, all the animations on, I sinc weather every idk…2 h … …etc.

Note: I’ve been using it a bit less than usual…

I did the trick before started using it today …I don’t know if it worked …I got my phone for Christmas and I think the battery already did this calibration on it’s own. The li-ion batteries do achieve their full potential after some time.

I’ll probably try this again soon.

48. I dunno. Battery´s does react differently to different charging. Slow charging or quickboost charging while the phone is still on… Or USB charging with lower volt input. It´s not magic, its simple pyhsics. However that said…this sounds a bit… “Santa Claus thinking”!
    Little J tech

49. …actually it says in the manual of some gadgets… charge with phone turned off you will get this result…. charge with it on too much ware the battery down… And hmmm… Yeah… try to empty the battery completely before recharging every now and then… helps the battery stay young n healthy lol…
    Yea, thats all I got

50. Sandy L.

/  January 14, 2011

what happens if i accidentally turn it on on the second charge and turn it back off

51. mars

/  January 14, 2011

is there a difference between the batteries of Desire HD and normal Desire?

52. Simon

/  January 15, 2011

Yes, the HD battery is a different size.

53. Dr Mark Gandolfi

/  January 17, 2011

This technique actually works

• Gary C

/  January 17, 2011

I lost three stone.

• On the last lap now, just turned off and charging for the last hour. Will let you know how it lasts over the next few days. Its a new phone for me, so not sure what to expect other than, i’ve been told, if it lasts more than a day then this really does work!

Shall keep you all posted! x

• trix

/  May 29, 2011

Was very sceptical at first but was amazed that it does actually work with HTC desire

54. enno

/  January 18, 2011

This trick may well work. But if it does its more about “tricking” the smart(?) battery charge controller chip. These chips are there specifically to prevent overcharging of a battery (which really messes up the internal chemistry of the battery). They do this by being conservative about when your battery has had enough electrons. That conservative estimate though pre-supposes a battery thats in its normal life-cycle. Batteries that have aged, batteries that are new (i.e have sat on a shelf in various parts of the manufacturing chain for 3-6 months) are all outside that operating regime and can occasionally beneficially be subject to a longer charge cycle, except the smart controller doesn’t allow it… ergo the need to trick the controller into giving the battery a little extra jolt.

But, don’t play this trick too often. A healthy battery will not benefit and indeed you will end up with that over-charging that screws up the battery’s internal chemistry. And unlike the normal charge/discharge chemistry, that reaction where the electrolyte decomposes is not reversible.

So, if your battery is at functioning at or close to spec, don’t do it. If it isn’t, try it and you _may_ see some benefit.

55. corrgod

/  February 7, 2011

Does the battery have to be completely dead before you do this?

56. Africa

/  February 13, 2011

Must the fish appear when you are doing this? And what if the electricity gets cut off? Do you have to start the whole process.again?

57. Noel Nobleza

/  February 15, 2011

My question is: This HTC Desire Life booster technique is to be done once or everytime you charge the battery ou will do it over again?

thanks.

58. kiwi-di

/  February 15, 2011

Question from a new Desire owner. Should this trick be done initially on receiving the phone (mine lasted approx 24 hours after first charge, but I haven’t made or received any calls today, nor have I done any web browsing).

Or should it only be done when battery life is very low.

Thanks.

59. stjp

/  February 16, 2011

Is it just me or does it seem a little ridicuolous that for this ‘trick’ to work you have to charge it for a total of 10 hours. You might as well just use it wait for it to run down then charge it again. Two full charges take less time than that!

60. raza

/  February 17, 2011

i wanna switching my phone to HTC desire.. kindly let me know that if i play songs for 2 to 3 hours consistently and little bit of browsing and with running application…………how does it take to spend day with me…??

and the tips you suggestiong will be helpful or not… and how does these helpful??

61. Reinout

/  February 20, 2011

I have a question concerning step 2(and 3) After the 8h or more, the light turns green. so when i turn it off and put it in the charger, it is green as well after a min or so. Is it still useful then to keep in on the charger for another hour… and then another hour for step 3?

62. Laura Briggs

/  March 2, 2011

I adore this phone, but the poor battery life is most inconvenient! Having said that, the phone has so many functions that it’s virtually a mini computer, and compared to a netbook or laptop has ace battery life. Not too great when you need to make a phone call in the evening though!

I have an hour left of this technique before I can report on its effectiveness, and I must say I’m sceptical. I have, however, found a useful link which contains ten practical suggestions on how to improve the Desire’s battery life.

63. Laura Briggs

/  March 2, 2011

Gary C’s comment is the best ever.

64. Laura Briggs

/  March 2, 2011

My fish seem mildly malevolent rather than sceptical, will this trick still work?

65. Ahmed Sayeed

/  March 5, 2011

Should I do this once at the time of first charge or follow every time I charge?

66. Bas

/  March 9, 2011

Just tried the charging trick and it actually works! Before the battery did not last for 8 hours and now a full day. I am not sure if it’s bad for the battery but now I can finally use my phone.

I tried the trick after draining the battery and charged it for 8 hours overnight.

67. Anonymous

/  March 13, 2011

my fish looked tasty so i ate the fone

68. Dan

/  March 29, 2011

My phone doesn’t have a fish. What should I do? Can I still use it? I am worried now that it is a fake phone…I knew I shouldn’t have bought it in the motorway services car park. Still, got a free watch with it and half price leather jacket. Just need a fish now…

69. Batterynut

/  April 4, 2011

I hate to break this to you but doing this will eventually outright kill your battery’s lifespan. You are ‘overcharging’ the battery and doing that will get you longer battery life in the short term but in the long term you’re burning out the li-ion battery faster. Basically you’ll burn it out doing this.

70. Solved all my HTC Desire HD battery life issues by addressing a bug that constantly runs the CPU, and drains the battery. You have to enable debug mode. Since doing this, I’ve gone from 10 hours battery life to over 48 which is what I would expect.

Full details here: http://www.stephenjackel.com/2011/04/16/how-to-fix-battery-life-problem-on-htc-desire-hd-android-2-2-mobile-phone/

71. Anonymous

/  April 17, 2011

How to stop the battery drain on your HTC Android so that it lasts more than a day.

Almost a week ago I upgraded to an Android phone, the HTC Desire HD (full review to follow). The main disappointment has been the battery life. It does not even last for a whole day! Various Google searches has given lots of advice for how to disable energy draining features. But it seems a little silly to have a smart phone and then turn off all the smart features. A few colleagues at work have the same phone and suffer the same problem. Their solution – just charge it during the day. That’s fine if I’m in an office, but what about on the weekend?

I noticed that the phone often felt quite warm, even when it was in the snooze mode. Some more Googling and I finally stumbled on the answer. There’s a bug in the Android 2.2 software that causes a process to constantly use 70 – 100% of the CPU and thus quickly drains the battery.

The solution:
    Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Menu / Settings / Applications / Development… then tick the “USB Debugging” option. Done.

For some reason this stops the process from using heaps of CPU and suddenly your battery lasts much longer. The only side effect is that your computer will ask to install some extra drivers when you connect your phone via USB (or you can just turn off that option when you connect).

Your HTC Desire HD Android is now the awesome phone it should be!

Juice Defender
    I’ve also installed the free Juice Defender app that seems to do a good job in disabling battery draining features whenever the phone is in sleep mode but re-enables them once you start using it

72. Having just migrated from Blackberry I have to say the battery life is far better on the HTC. I used to lose around 1/4 of the charge in an hour on my Storm with the phone doing nothing. Now with my HTC I can run it all day with a few apps & my emails syncing every 15mins & still not have to charge it. Still 3/4 in the early evening.

Great phone & far more advanced than the Blackberry.

73. Barracuda

/  June 13, 2011

Just install the free app juice defender! it more than doubled my battery life. I was lucky if I got 12 hrs out of mine, now almost 2 days before I have to charge again.

• Aditya

/  June 17, 2011

Hey buddy the juice defender app actually works and now my battery lasts for more than 12 hrs even after extensive 3g data usage.

74. SteveDot

/  June 18, 2011

I was half way through this process when the fish told me that this trick can permanently damage my phone. Shall I tell the fish to go take a Pike, or should I try the charging method just for the Halibut?
    I really Carp make my mind up…

75. curlyamos

/  June 26, 2011

so this has to be done everytime you charge the phone? saw this question posted twice but no answer

76. VideoPete

/  July 3, 2011

I’ve just bought a new HTC Desire S and I find the info here is quite useful.

It occurs to me that to get round the problem with undercharging. Charge the battery seperately with an external charger; I’ve seen them on ebay.

These chargers will charge virtually any battery. I’ve used one to charge my Sony Ericsson (after the phone’s internal charging cct failed) for months without problems. I’ve noticed that when the fully charged light is on the battery isn’t flly charged so I leave an extra hour or so.

Does anyone know if the Desire S and Desire Z use the same size battery; I’ve seen a high capacity battery on ebay (2430mAh). Although I’m a bit wary of using an OEM battery in my new phone in case it explodes. I’ll probably charge it with my universal charger at first; it’s cheaper to replace that than my phone!

• Sammy

/  July 3, 2011

Hey videopete are you nobb? those things could messup someones phone real bad and they see it here and think its ok to use them.

mugu.boy@gmail.com

• Ficaton

/  July 13, 2011

Sammy: why wouldn’t be ok to use them?

• Sammy

/  July 17, 2011

Becos Ficaton when you charge it might explode in the phone and could cause fire in your house. They may alos leak and ruin your phone that way but Im more worried about waking up in the night and my house on fire.

mugu.boy@gmail.com

77. Jake Shears

/  July 16, 2011

This all sounds like a crock of cap to me. What’s this all about the fish!? Bollocks!

78. Stavros

/  July 20, 2011

unbelievable!!!! I wanted to smash my phone cos I was only getting about 8 hours with moderate use…playing poker, couple of calls, check email and facebook maybe ten times…

After doing this I am upto 26 hours and still have just under half a battery!!!!

Awesome!!

79. stavros

/  July 21, 2011

and today I only got 8 hours!!! WTF????

80. Jacob

/  August 5, 2011

Will this work on another phone to, I have an LG Optimus Black aand the battery life is veeerrryyy short :(

the htc’s battery is 1400 and mine is 1500 is that a big diffrence…?
    can I try it…??

81. Natasha

/  August 16, 2011

I tried this on my HTC Desire and it done the trick! Battery life would last for a few hours instead of just a couple. But i dont think we should have to do all this messing around with the battery if they put decent battery’s in the phone to begin with!

82. serialteg

/  August 31, 2011

totally worked for me. its kind of hard to keep your cell off and follow the rules exactly. but it did it well once and it’s worked ever since. especially when it gets to 50% battery.

83. tadaaaa

/  September 10, 2011

Flawless victory… My battery is exploded :-)

84. Richard

/  September 20, 2011

Tried this long ago and it works. I am no expert but having thought it over I believe that the routine simple allows the balancing of charge between the cells of the battery – in the way that Apple devices do automatically.

Wake up HTC, your product designer should be the perfectionist that is Mr Steve Jobs. Mind you I still prefer my HTC Desire to an iPhone

• aurin

/  November 5, 2011

I did this with my sigma camera battery, allowing it to charge fully, then taking it out and charging again; it is an error in the charger; clearly the trickle charge is not working, yet they do this to avoid the batteries to explode, so better safe than soory, except for having the short battery life:)

If the battery is overheated it would break, as well if it is drained and left without charging; it should be noted that if the battery is fully charged with this on/off procedure during the first initial charges it should keep fresh much longer, i will look for a new battery and try this:)

85. i have HTC status. even in standby mode, not using, not even using it for any call or sms, the battery life was only less 12 hours. worst phone battery life

• SKtron

/  December 30, 2011

I was considering a new battery after a year with my Desire and only getting barely a day’s worth only standby and occasionally listening to music. When the Battery meter turned yellow and I was listening to music I had at most 10 mins before the phone would shutdown.

Did the procedure 2 days ago now; and I am very happy with the result.
      23h 54m on battery and still at over 75% left. That’s with wifi and BT on.
      This has worked for me.

86. egbert

/  November 23, 2011

Best way is this—Settings>Applications>Developement>THEN PLACE A TICK IN THE USB DEBUGGING BOX—–This most certainally worked for me,BUT,It may not work for everybody—-try it and see.Good Luck

87. Supersizedmamma

/  July 12, 2012

I tried all the advice above – the trick, the debugging, juice defender app and still my battery has gone down fast!! however its a new battery bought from mobilephone shop and not an official HTC one so could be that reason but the HTC one I suspect is dead and not worth trying this advice for as left over night to charge and within an hour of unplugging it dies completely :( does anyone know where to buy trustworthy replacement batteries from at a reasonable cost?

1. Tweets that mention HTC Desire battery life booster trick » EuroDroid -- Topsy.com
  2. HTC Desire Batterielaufzeit mit einem Trick vergrößern
  3. HTC tipsar Desire-ägare om batteriknep | Swedroid
  4. Boost HTC Desire, HTC Evo Battery Life | Sizzled Core
  5. Even batteries are bigger in Texas : Layers
  6. Build Your Own Wind Power System | Energy4life
  7. Förbättra batteritiden på Desire? | iPortal
  8. Förbättra batteritiden på Desire? | Aktuell teknik
  9. Mobiele Telefoons » http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/08/htc-desire-battery-life-booster-trick/
  10. Mobiele Telefoons » RT @EuroDroid HTC Desire battery life booster trick http://bit.ly/aZL8oX Giving this a try to see …
  11. Mobiele Telefoons » RT @EuroDroid HTC Desire battery life booster trick http://bit.ly/aZL8oX
  12. Akku :-) - Android-Hilfe.de
  13. Mobiele Telefoons » HTC Desire battery life booster trick u00bb Eurodroid http://tinyurl.com/2d53wnc Hope this works! I desire my …
  14. HTC Desire - Page 89