UPDATE: "FroYo" Android 2.2 for HTC Desire arriving from this weekend

HTC’s just issued the following official statement about the status of the “FroYo” Android 2.2 update for the HTC Desire. It’s starting to roll out across Europe this weekend. That man was not far out.

The update will add 720p video capture, iTunes support through HTC Sync (!) and several other HTC Sense enhancements. Here’s the full announcement:

The Android 2.2 (FroYo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend. As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense. The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC’s App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, though the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes.

HTC Desire users will be notified that the over-the-air update is available to download when their phone automatically checks for software updates. The update won’t delete any of the phone’s content. However, due to the size of the update, we would advise using a WiFi connection to download it wherever possible to avoid additional data charges.

This update will initially roll out to unlocked HTC Desire handsets. Operator specific versions of the update are undergoing testing and we expect to make them available in several weeks’ time

Great news. The Desire retakes the #1 spot. Time for the celebratory stock image:

htc desire froyo europe

If your local mobile network seems a little unresponsive this weekend, this will be the reason why.

159 ResponsesLeave one →

1. beaver

/  July 30, 2010

iTunes integration is a great move! I’ll be interested in seeing how that works.

• MassiG

/  July 30, 2010

I contacted HTC and got no confirmation of this!

We expect to begin rolling out the Android 2.2 update for your HTC Desire very soon. We cannot be more specific yet as exact dates still need to be confirmed. We look forward to rolling out update to your phone very soon. Regarding if your phone is unlock/unbranded based both on serial number and ROM version you do indeed have an unbranded Desire

2. MarkG

/  July 30, 2010

The iPhone killer just turned into the iPhone slaughterer.

3. So I got my Desire from Orange, presumably I either have to wait til Orange can bundle all their bloat onto it before I get it, or do a rooty hacky thing.

Anyone got a link to a guide for that latter?

4. Lee

/  July 30, 2010

The rooty hacky thing process can be found here…..

good website for all sorts of tips and tricks.

T-Mobile have confirmed that they will release Froyo on the desire in September – I doubt orange will be much longer than that – you may want to wait!

It’s at times like this, I am glad i forked out the money for an unlocked model – oh, and every month when I get my bill! LOL

5. Turbohobbit

/  July 30, 2010

Man, I wish I had an unlocked Desire i/o an Orange branded one…

6. iPhone pay monthly deal offers you to pay your monthly balance at the end of the month which keeps you relax from the tension of rechargeable top ups. You can even get free attractive gifts with such deals.

7. Hey, slightly uninformed about the whole rooting process. Can I debrand the phone from T-Mobile to run a stock rom without going down the ‘gold card’ method. I’m happy with Sense and have no real intested in custom roms as such but I would like to be able to run Froyo.

Is rooting in essence the same as a debrand?

Sorry if I seem like a nub, but I am.

8. Thanks Lee.

I just followed this guide:

and it was a piece of piss.

@Toaster
    Mine was branded Orange, and I rooted it fine. It is still an Orange branded phone, but now I can install a custom rom (you need root permission to do that), so I can just grab the standard HTC 2.2 rom when it comes out this weekend and install it using these instructions:

• @LewieP

I will give it a go over the weekend. Seems easy enough. Cheers for the advice guys (and gals if applicable!)

9. gadgetuk

/  July 30, 2010

Great news mines unlocked so look forward to testing out flash

10. Tony

/  July 30, 2010

i have to wait longer cause of T-Mobile :( however i already have flash on 2.1 so thats no biggie, apart from that im looking forward to other updates

11. Hmmm I am on Orange, might have the update by Christmas :D I think i might also have a go at the old rooting thing. Will let you know when I have bricked it.

Aquamaster – Malvern Plumber

12. For fear of sounding thick my desire says t mobile when its turnt on.but my sims virgin I never
    unlocked it that’s the way it came from ebay.what do you mean unlocked phones do you mean totally unbranded……….;)

13. Anyone got an answer to my question;)

14. MinG

/  July 31, 2010

What about Asian HTC Desire User? When will we get Android 2.2?

15. gadgetuk

Well it’s 8.15am in uk still no 2.2

16. Anonymous

/  July 31, 2010

It’s been clear to me for a while that HTC is starting to differentiate itself from Motorola, Samsung, et al. with superior UI and add-on features. I already trust the HTC software guys more than the Motorola and Samsung guys, which is important given the pace and complexity of Android updates. It will be interesting to see how the other handset makers respond to HTC’s emerging software advantage. Buy startups? Hire like crazy? Go crying to Google?

Now if HTC can release a front camera, 4G compatible, Android 3.0 Verizon phone for Christmas, I’m totally there.

Too bad HTC seem to have shied away from tablets for the time being.

17. No update in the UK so far (and I should be one of the first hopefully as I have a fully unlocked/unbranded Desire). Also notice that in the US the HTC Evo is being updated to 2.2, as is the Motorola Droid over the next week or so, with talk of many more phones being updated in time. Seems like the Froyo bandwagon is well and truly rolling!

18. gadgetuk

/  July 31, 2010

Well 9.00am still no 2.2 on my unbranded desire I’m like you bristolboy should be one of the 1st to get it too..

19. gadgetuk

/  July 31, 2010

Well nearly 12pm and nothin… and I feel it’s going to be tomorrow for the 2.2 desire or that it isn’t legit as still no mention on htc website

20. ilyas

I am in UK as of yet there is no update on my HTC desire time 12:14

21. O1:30pm soon, no update in Norway yet..

22. ilyas

/  July 31, 2010

I just called HTC UK he told me that he can not give me a date for update I wonder if all this is a hoax

23. ilyas

/  July 31, 2010

By the way I checked my desire with HTC I have c9 version which means it is a none branded desire so no updates as yet

24. Lucky for me that i have the first Froyo release until the official is coming out.

25. alistai

/  July 31, 2010

2pm and no update in northern Ireland (uk). I’m suspicious that this is all a hoax. Raging!

26. Stephen

/  July 31, 2010

I guess I’m not the only one who keeps hitting the old update button on my HTC desire. It’s covered the telegraph so it should be some time today fellow UK desire users.

27. gadgetuk

/  July 31, 2010

One on telegraph website says he got his at 12.30 but need more confirmations as just one could say it to wind everyone else up…it’s nearly 3pm and nothing here still

28. ilyas

/  July 31, 2010

Nothing yet it says phone up to date

29. alexfoxy

/  July 31, 2010

I’m still waiting in UK at 4pm! I’m not sure if I’ll even get the update, I got the desire when it first came out from carphone warehouse a few days before orange had it in the stores and there’s no branding on it, or ‘special’ orange apps so I think I have an unbranded one? :S

30. Xeteskian

/  July 31, 2010

16:20 and no update for me either. i’m in UK on an unbranded desire (orange contract) and I know I can use any other company’s sim as I tested it yesterday. I suspect that it won’t happen in the UK this weekend. when people say Europe, they sometimes don’t include the UK as part of that band for some bizzare reason.

31. RUMORS and marketing tricks to get us on alert, hmm this is Apple trademark. HTC should not go in that trap.

32. gadgetuk

/  July 31, 2010

Think your right macskyrate all rubbish…but guess can’t count it out yet still tomorrow to go yet

33. dr_de_mille

/  July 31, 2010

17:40 BAT and still no update! I don’t believe it’s ready yet. Two responses I’ve had from HTC have both been quite vague in saying there is no date for Froyo on Desire yet.
    What I don’t understand is why HTC have not released a statement of any kind via the website/facebook or Twitter!? I’d be just as content if they said “don’t bother scanning for updates, the update is not ready”…. the not knowing is what’s killing me.

34. hermit66

/  July 31, 2010

Oh for goodness sake, get a grip all of you. Tens of thousands of Desires that have been sold across Europe. The fact that you haven’t got your update yet isn’t because of some evil PR ploy by HTC, it is because of the technical practicalities of rolling out the update to so many handsets.

I am as eager as the rest of you to upgrade to FroYo (I have a rooted / de-branded Orange Desire ) but getting heated up about not having yet received the upgrade is just pointless – it won’t change the way that the HTC servers are distributing the update. Worry about what you can control and be patient about the rest.

Oh dear, it’s 17:45 and I still haven’t received my update :-(

35. Ric

/  July 31, 2010

If there was a real update then why have htc not officialy said there will be an update? this does seem a little odd guys. I’ve also rang htc uk earlier today and they know nothing of the 2.2 update today.

36. dr_de_mille

/  July 31, 2010

I do apologize hermit66, but my point was not frustration at there being no update (even though the phone memory is completely full) but that a number of websites are posting the ‘confirmation’ of froyo but HTC is saying nothing. And having been through the hero debacle, some clarity would be nice.

37. dr_de_mille

/  July 31, 2010

I don’t think it is a hoax ric, more that information has been leaked and it’s not 100% accurate. A number of sources have been saying froyo’s coming for a number of weeks now and all the rumour-mongering has hit fever pitch. It’ll probably be here mid august, I’m not going to be sucked in any further until there is more thorough confirmation of people receiving it.

• Ric

/  July 31, 2010

Thats what i mean i know its coming out but deffo not today i think people should wait until htc actually post the information on there website.

• Gary C

/  July 31, 2010

Ric, the text in the post comes from HTC UK. It’s not one of the overseas helpdesk operatives guessing at dates, like we often see reported as “news”.

This shouldn’t be classified as a “hoax” or a “leak” – it’s more of a “statement” or indeed an “announcement” if you will. A “fact” even.

Also, it states the initial release will be for “unlocked” phones – people who’ve bought their Desires through Vodafone, T-Mobile and so on with contracts will undoubtedly have to wait a few more weeks.

This isn’t lies, basically.

• Ric

/  July 31, 2010

Not being funny or out Gary but a few people have contact HTC UK today including myself and they have no idea what’s going on or cant give an exact date which means to me its not happening today.

The other thing is why did HTC not put this up on there website?

• Gary C

/  July 31, 2010

I think this is a slightly unusual case, and HTC UK maybe wanted to put the record straight after the latest spate of rumours.

38. Mark

IT´S SIMPLE!

JUST REMOVE SIMCARD! if the simcard is in phone it´s the same that locked to the operator, and cant find the update.

39. TheUKProf

/  July 31, 2010

I have an unlocked Desire from Carphonewarehouse. Been checking all day and still no update. I guess weekend includes Sunday so maybe tomorrow. All very exciting though…

40. ilyas

/  July 31, 2010

Well as I said before I have checked my HTC with HTC UK and I was told that my phone is not branded and I still have no update.

41. Stuart Fairhurst

/  July 31, 2010

Hello all i have an undranded htc desire on the 3 network they told me earlier that they were waiting for comformation to release the update they dont have the data/update but it will come in a in 2 messages the first to tell you to make shure your phones battery is charged or pluged into the mains and it is best to use a wifi connection to avoid excessive data charges the second is a link to the update but they also said they that it wont be this weekend as they have not been told the update is ready for release as soon as it is more information will be published on the htc site.

42. Also remember that the link will be released in stages as there are so many HTC Desires worldwide!

43. dr_de_mille

/  July 31, 2010

I don’t get it though, aside from one comment on the telegraph website I haven’t heard any reports from anyone, in the world, of having received the Froyo update. Surely a Android site would put screenshots of it running up? There’d definitely be more online ‘fanfare’ if people were getting it?

• Gary C

/  July 31, 2010

No one’s saying it’s “out” yet, AFAIK, simply that it’ll be here very soon.

44. Kermonk

/  August 1, 2010

Yeah, but how many did they sell in europe? if its in the millions, it could take quite awhile before they get to YOUR phone.

45. Any news on this? It’s already 1st of August and no update across the internet.

46. David

Pah, It’s not happened.

Still, Mummy told me the best things come to those that wait…

47. Mike

/  August 1, 2010

Link below is to a website that is reporting the same as Eurodroid. Just to help clear that one up. I do remember it taking my Magic a few weeks more than a mate’s to get the dougnut update both phones were branded Vodafone so who knows

48. StephenM

/  August 1, 2010

Guys the statement said it would only start rolling out this weekend, which means it could possibly be ages before everyone gets it. Probably be a while before even the first people get it. I’m in no massive rush. The 2.1 Desire is still an excellent phone.

• parkzno1

/  August 1, 2010

Look s like you were wrong its on the roll and people are loving it.oh yeh will I won’t I get froyo this week?????;)

49. stevegoa

/  August 1, 2010

still no 2.2 update, but following on from what Stuart Fairhurst posted earlier, I have just returned from India and i recieved a OTA update , im now running FIRMWARE version 2.1-update1, has anybody else got this firmware version?
    The build no is 1.21.405.2CL174215 release=keys

50. MarkG

/  August 1, 2010

I want the Legend 2.2 update :-)

51. stevegoa

/  August 1, 2010

YES YES YES THis is not a windup, as i am writing this i am downloading 2.2 Froyo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. Stephen

/  August 1, 2010

Finally! Get downloading people, the update is here!

53. stevegoa

/  August 1, 2010

its a 90mb download and you need to keep 25mb free so i am having to unistall some apps

54. Andre

/  August 1, 2010

Here in Finland it is available too. Downloading it right now!

• Stephen

/  August 1, 2010

Yeah in the UK we have it now too.

• pfontaine

/  August 5, 2010

Great. Bought mine in the UK and now in Finland. “No updates…” *snif*

Got it through scheduled check?

55. Stuart Fairhurst

/  August 1, 2010

Yep got the update in wigan uk im on the 3 network bout time….

56. stevegoa

/  August 1, 2010

finished update takes 14 mins from start to finish but be aware you need to keep 25mb internal storage free! Build is 2.09.405.8 CHEERS HTC :)

57. kblaze

/  August 1, 2010

just got froyo on htc desire..its still installin..it was a 90mb download and there mustbe 25mb free phone memory..

58. Stuart Fairhurst

/  August 1, 2010

anyone on were abouts on the memory card does it download to?

59. mike

/  August 1, 2010

It’s installing as I type….

60. Stephen M

/  August 1, 2010

Well that’s me stroked, downloading it now (over 3G :S) so i’m well pleased. Sittin in anticipation now.. :)

61. CLDN

/  August 1, 2010

I chave also just recieved it! INSTALLING NOW! #FROYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

62. All downloaded and working well I think!

63. Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

Downloading right now, goto updates and check now.

64. Del

/  August 1, 2010

Can anyone tell me has this version of Froyo got speech to text?

65. Del

/  August 1, 2010

I have downloaded and installed and now when I unlock the keyboard it just goes black ?????

66. stevegoa

/  August 1, 2010

@Del ensure the download has completed there are several times when you think the download has finished, but it has happened ” It says congraulations on downloading etc etc ) then it continues to install

• Del

/  August 1, 2010

Yep its downloaded thanks for that Steve. The mike works on maps and google. Made up :)

67. Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

Is anyone experiencing problem with the web browser? after a time it closes.

68. dr_de_mille

/  August 1, 2010

Ok, I have a SIM Free Desire and I’ve just cleared 35mb of Phone storage. Don’t seem to be getting any OTA prompt? Do I need to have 90mb free?

• Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

goto settings – about phone – system software updates – check now.

• dr_de_mille

/  August 1, 2010

Thanks Ikops, downloading now, looks like it will take an age on 3g.

69. Abid

Just downloaded Froyo.

Quick question.

When I go to application management the Move to SD card option is greyed out and cannot be selected. How do I change this.

Also when I download a new app from the market it doesn’t give me the option of downloading to the SD card.

Any help appreciated.

70. Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

Only some of the apps can be moved to sd card ( those that the devs have enabled ).

71. Abid

Cheers Ikops.

Looks like it will become a more available feature as 2.2. gets rolled out more extensively over the coming months.

72. Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

After update, got problems with web browser, click on a link, shows its loading then closes down and goes to main screen.

• Ikops

/  August 1, 2010

And thats over wifi, and have tried several reboots. Everything else works fine.

• LJS

/  August 1, 2010

i got same prob – all fin except no internet connection.

any solutions – my technical knowledge doesn’t extend beyond witching it on & checking settings!!!

• ikops

/  August 1, 2010

To get your internet/ browser working again, do a factory reset.

• Stephen

/  August 2, 2010

Mobile internet settings may be reset. My username was, check that first before factory reset.

73. actthafool

/  August 1, 2010

Remeber if uve previously debranded your phone, insert ur goldcard before updating.

74. Anonymous

/  August 1, 2010

any froyo update for Indian users.. I have unlocked HTC desire, but didnt get any update.. Is it only for Europe users?

75. Gary C

76. FrJ

/  August 1, 2010

Dutch Desire owner here, can confirm that the froyo-update is available :)
    it’s ~90mb and installing now!

77. mody

/  August 1, 2010

Here in Egypt it is available too. Downloading it right now!

• thesaint

/  October 4, 2010

how can i get formal update for HTC desire on Egypt, i try from Mobinil and the software said, ” there is no new update” ????

• Anonymous

/  October 23, 2010

i’d like to know how is that in egypt too

• I’m in Egypt as well and using Etisalat as my provider and I didn’t get any updates till now even when I check manually .. How did you get your update ?

78. AboMaryah

/  August 1, 2010

In Yemen the update is available now.

79. Paul

/  August 1, 2010

I’m on Virgin mobile here in the UK and it keeps telling me there are no updates for this phone, I tried what Mark wrote ‘remove the simcard and try again’ so I removed the simcard, connected to wifi and said the same’ there are no updates for this phone. 18:54 1st august.

Any ideas guys? I don’t want to mess about unrooting it or what ever that means LOL

• dr_de_mille

/  August 1, 2010

Paul, your Desire is probably locked to Virgin network. You’ll have to wait for them to release the froyo update.

80. Durga Prasad

/  August 1, 2010

Any news for Asia? I am from India.. got the Taiwan based HTC desire but still didnt find any update for my mobile…

81. ilyas

Just to let all know I have received my update now I have Android 2.2

82. Raman

/  August 2, 2010

Singapore Desire user. Still no update! Any news for Asia anyone on when to expect the update?

83. Leon

/  August 2, 2010

Philippine HTC Desire user. No froyo yet.

84. Artem

/  August 2, 2010

Hi — I just upgraded to Froyo and now see problems with HTC Sense. It just says “Exception while loading Sense, will try again” and loading goes in a loop.
    Can anyone help?

85. himynameisgeoff

/  August 2, 2010

Has anyone in Britain got their update yet?

86. Anonymous

/  August 2, 2010

In Taiwan and haven’t received the update yet. Any one hear anything about an Asian release time

• mysky911

/  August 2, 2010

No update for malaysia here also… anyone know when our unlocked desire will rock further????

87. mysky911

/  August 2, 2010

update for unlocked desire in Asian country, i am waiting you…. :(

88. Sean

/  August 2, 2010

Still nothing for firmware version 1.19.707 (Asia)

89. Durga Prasad

/  August 2, 2010

HTC should release firmware at the same time for all generic (without contract) phone.. am from India.. Singapore base model (1.19.707.7)..

Please release the froyo soooooooooooooooon…………….

90. Jason

/  August 3, 2010

Just wondered before I Install froyo does the install take up a further full 90mb of internal memory or does it overight memory used by 2.1. I’ve also read you need to keep 25mb free is this ontop of the 90mb therefore you need 115mb free?

• beefyburt

/  August 3, 2010

I think that as you can then save all your apps to the sd card, that this then frees up the phone memory.

• beefyburt

/  August 3, 2010

My sons UK Desire from TMobile recieved it this morning. Now wheres mine for my Milestone Motorola?????

91. mojoba

/  August 3, 2010

I’m on Vodafone UK contract and got the update by doing the following:
    HTC sync was installed on windows 7. I made sure usb debugging was set on desire by going into settings>applications>development> and ticked usb debugging.

I then followed instructions on: androidforums.com/HTC-desire/67098-how-flash-debrand-your-desire.html

Followed part 1. How to set up adb/usb drivers (just followed part one by downloading android sdk and used command prompt instructions etc, so followed points 1-6). I had this running when I flashed my phone.

I created a goldcard as per instructions in part 2 in debrand guide on android forum. I used the 4 GB mini SD that came with my phone.

I then went to: HTCpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2907
    And downloaded flash program: RUU Bravo HTC WWE 1.21.405.2 radio 32.36.00.28U 4.06.00.02 2 release 126984.

So with my goldcard mini SD in my phone, my desire connected to my pc in DISK DRIVE MODE with usb debugging, and having used the adb instruction until my phones serial was showing in the command prompt, I then ran the RUU file I downloaded. The first time you run this it fails to install to your phone but run it a SECOND TIME and it will successfully flash your phone to éclair 2.1.

Once 2.1 has fully installed on your phone just skip through the phone set up then switch off and on. With your goldcard still in your phone, do a manual search for system update if the phone hasn’t already notified you that an update is available. Then update to froyo 2.2 official firmware. If you phone says it can’t find your SD card just switch on. This version of 2.2 is generic and for the whole of Europe so you will need to remove the other countries from the keyboard settings, in settings. I also chose the Vodafone post pay option when the phone asked me. If anything goes wrong just re flash to 2.1 and try again. My phone is working fine with all functions. I typed these instructions on them. I apologise if they are not clear but the websites I listed have all the instructions. I just found it was not necessary to root my phone and was able to simplify the process. I suppose there is a slight risk of bricking but I couldn’t wait for Vodafone!

92. I’m from Romania, i have a unbranded not locked phone and i don’t recive any update. When i check, the message is: Your phone is up to date.
    Other people recived Froyo, what a hell is happening ?

93. Febri

/  August 7, 2010

I’m in Indonesia, using a Germany’s T-Mobile unlocked Desire. No Froyo OTA till now. Anyhow, a few of my friends here in Jakarta already got the update since they’re using unbranded Desire.

94. notmentioned

/  August 9, 2010

i wrote htc support asking when would they release froyo update for asian users. here’s the reply:
    Thank you for contacting HTC. We are currently targeting the middle of next month for a release of the update, as we are making sure everything is in working order when we deliver the update to you. Please remember that this is a target date and could be changed if we encounter issues that we need to resolve before delivering the update

95. Sundar

/  August 9, 2010

I got my ota update just this evening 6pm. I have been checking every now and then since 5th august. and finally its good news :-)

96. Deepak Sharma

/  August 9, 2010

Finally got the update in india !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanai

/  August 10, 2010

Hi Deepak,
      What was the software version before you did the upgrade? I too have a Desire in India which was procured from Singapore (1.19.707.7) and still there is no update. Do let me know.

Thanks
      Thanai

• Ritin

/  August 14, 2010

from where n how did u got update for ur desire.

• Ritin

/  August 14, 2010

hi deepak
      from where n how did u got update for ur desire

• raj

/  August 16, 2010

please help no update in india my phone is not unlocaked

• Rakith

/  August 23, 2010

Hi Deepak,

I purchased my HTC Desire from a Bangalore authorised reseller, a couple of days back but no update yet. How did you manage it? Please let us know how you did it.

Thanks,
      Rakith

97. Durga Prasad

/  August 10, 2010

I think Deepak bought the UK based HTC desire.. I too have desire with Asia ROM (1.19.707.7) still we need to wait another 2 to 4 weeks.

Yesterday got the reply from Singapore customer care that they still not yet finalize the dates to release the froyo. it might take another 2 to 4 weeks..

So, no luck upto the official release of froyou in asia..

98. Durga Prasad

/  August 17, 2010

got the reply from HTC, Singapore as follows regarding froyo update…

Dear Durga Prasad,

Thank you for contacting HTC. With reference to your query, we are currently working on the testing for the update for your phone and it will be available soon. Each region will get a customized code and there are different testing procedures and sometimes these schedules may not be the same. Thank you for your continuous support of our products and services.

99. gurpreet

/  August 18, 2010

I am at chandigarh , i have unlocked desire,

I have not reciceved any update till today.

• Hello Gurpreet, would you be interested in selling your HTC Desire. I’m in Chandigarh & interested in buying.

100. gurpreet

/  August 18, 2010

No updates in india yet

101. Bal

/  August 19, 2010

Singapore, no update yet. Still waiting. Come on HTC.

102. Wan

/  August 20, 2010

Malaysia also no update yet for HTC.

• gurpreet

/  August 23, 2010

No update yet 23-8-2010
      Dont know what htc guys are doing.
      Nexus one in india had recieved update months before.

103. Anonymous

/  August 23, 2010

None in Taiwan either.

104. gurpreet

/  August 27, 2010

I had tried this link method but it was unsuccessful.

105. Durga Prasad

/  August 30, 2010

Great News..

HTC is rolling froyo 2.2 on ASIA HTC desire.. I just got notice regarding download of 2.2.. (my s/w no. 1.19.707.7).. .

I am going to office now.. will come back and download and install the same..

My desire has shown the notice and saying how to download … either wifi or wifi and mobile network.. its 96.6 MB.. My mobile internet is very slow in India (am from Hyderabad).. so will download via my home wifi and update my comments soon..

Check your Asia HTC desire now.. Hurray.. its been long waiting and today I got it..

Thanks HTC for your support……….

Durga Prasad

• Clark

/  August 31, 2010

I can confirm, I checked for updates this morning here in Hong Kong and 2.2 was available.
      Installed, no problems except that I needed to manually add my providers APN (just like I had to do after first buying the phone). Works like a charm now.

The language possibilities when it comes to sms writing have been greatly improved!

106. Bal

/  August 31, 2010

I downloaded 2.2 in Singapore last night. Works great now. But anyone know if it is with the HTC Sense UI ?

107. Durga Prasad

/  September 7, 2010

yes.. it is with Sense UI.. the upate name is called Android 2.2 and Sense UI (this is the cause to release late in HTC desire sets compared to Nexus one which was released 2.2 in May 10)..

• Hi Prasad,

I saw some youtube videos in which the screen looks completely different from what i have on my desire. I guess this is because of some kind of jail break ? For example in normal desire with sense UI under the phone menu, i could see the call history followed by my contacts which is really stupid sometimes. I prefer to have seperate icons for each item call history, contacts and so on…

• KevyG

/  November 11, 2010

I have noticed the same videos with the different home screen and the 3d apps screen and it states in the videos i have seen that it is the HTC Desire but i sent an email to HTC and they told me if it has htc sense it is different anyone now about this i like the features it shows
        thanks KevyG

108. KevyG

/  November 11, 2010

If anyone knows about the different htc desire videos out there with the different home screen and other different options i would like to know why the difference if anyone can help htc told me those features are for a different desire without htc sense does anyone know about this.

109. l try to update my phone with ‘Froyo’ Android 2.2 htc desire on two occassions it doesn’t work.ln the first phase the update was up to 85% and it failed. The second phase the update was up to 97% and it again failed. Am using Tigo Networkwhich involves a lot of charges which l paid yet l’ve not gotton it.

1. Tweets that mention UPDATE: “FroYo” Android 2.2 for HTC Desire arriving from this weekend » EuroDroid -- Topsy.com
  2. Actualización Android 2.2 para el Htc Desire desde este fin de semana en Europa, oficial |  Telefonia movil
  3. HTC Desire: Update für Android 2.2 Froyo läuft an [UPDATE 2]
  4. Actualización Android 2.2 para el Htc Desire desde este fin de semana en Europa, oficial
  5. Los HTC Desire libres actualizarán a Android 2.2 esta semana : Noticias2D