HTC Hero firmware upgrade now live – new YouTube app and "client update" promised

HTC is describing today’s new HTC Hero ROM update as including a “Firmware over-the-air (FOTA) client update” so it is at least doing something, and it sounds like this is indeed the preparatory system update that HTC mentioned previously, the one that paves the way for the eventual coming of Android 2.1 to the HTC Hero.

Here’s the update news, direct from HTC’s support pages. It’s as brief as ever:

Update – HTC Hero Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update

In our commitment to providing you with the best user experience, we are pushing out a new firmware update to your HTC Hero. Your phone will receive a notification of this update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Build number). The new Build number after the update will be 2.73.405.93; 2.73.405.94 (Nordic) & 2.73.405.95 (Greece/ Ireland). Update Information: Firmware over-the-air (FOTA) client update & YouTube player Update.”

And you also get a YouTube app update. That’ll be exciting.

htc hero firmware client update

Let us know if you’ve managed an update to this. Please. This is exciting.

129 ResponsesLeave one →

1. j2h

/  June 15, 2010

I just updated mine. Now it won’t recognise my SIM card. Lovely.

2. jedker

@j2h
    where are you from?

3. j2h

/  June 15, 2010

UK. False alarm though. It had just worked its way loose during the update process somehow.

4. jedker

@j2h
    is it 2.1 or 1.5?
    i am from pl, nothing yet..

5. Tim J

/  June 15, 2010

I have it too! Virtually no difference I can see. Nice one, HTC. Give me an anuerism for no reason :(

6. jedker

/  June 15, 2010

it is pre-update. it is only the preparation to getting 2.1 imho.
    write the countries please! :)

7. Sonic01

@j2h + Tim J,

What carrier are you with? I’m on Orange and nothing has popped up on mine yet….

8. j2h

@Sonic01
    I’m on Orange too, but its an unbranded phone – I just got the update over wifi.

9. Sonic01

@j2h
    thanks for the info, does anyone know if theres a way to manually check for the update?

10. jedker

/  June 15, 2010

htc sent via helpdesk to someone from polish forum that there is no such option :/

11. matthew

/  June 15, 2010

I haven’t got any notification yet, I’m from the UK on T-Mobile…

12. j2h

/  June 15, 2010

I have a “check now” option in settings > about phone > system software updates, I assume that’d do it? It just showed up automatically on mine though.

13. Sonic01

theres no “system software updates” bit on the UK Orange HTC Hero

14. jedker

/  June 15, 2010

have you rooted heroes before update?

15. Sonic01

/  June 15, 2010

na, ive always been to scared to root mine for fear that when orange release their official 2.1 update i wont be able to upgrade to it.

16. jedker

/  June 15, 2010

i see. pls cross fingers for polish carriers. :)

17. Cosmic

/  June 15, 2010

Just received mine. UK, T-mobile. Hope it’s true that this really is the pathway for our 2.1 Android update. I am dying a slow death in my 1.5. I

Is 18th June still the “date”?

18. jedker

@cosmic
    hdspa or wifi?

19. EagleNet

/  June 15, 2010

I upgraded. I am in Middle East. I connected my phone to WIFI and just changed the date to 15th July 2010 and instantly i received a pop-up for upgrade. It took a little over 10 mins for whole thing. dint loose any Apps or contacts or settings. luv u Hero!!!

20. Gary C

/  June 15, 2010

There have been no other “dates” since, so as far as we know… yes.

21. jedker

@EagleNet
    where exactly do you live?

22. naro

/  June 15, 2010

anyone on vodafone uk has updated their hero?

23. Martin Gee

/  June 15, 2010

I’m on Telenor in Norway. Not received any notification yet.
    Isn’t it strange that HTC don’t mention that this in fact is a pre-update to “plow” the way for an 2.1 update?
    I’m gonna call the toll-free local number tomorrow and find out. Damn sure that they gonna act mysterious and reveal as little as possible…

24. peter

/  June 15, 2010

My update crashes half way through installing and comes up with a warning logo next to a phone? can anyone help me?

25. phil mc

htc hero on 3 network uk nothin yet :(

26. Alex

/  June 15, 2010

Denmark, on telenor, no update yet :-/

27. Mx

Finland, saunalahti – no sign of an update yet. :(

28. Jono

/  June 15, 2010

I thought I pressed to start it, but I can’t see if it’s done it! do I need to re-start my phone? (Orange UK)

29. seaempty

@Jono

Check your firmware version – it should be 2.73.405.93 if the update is successful (according to HTC support)

30. mb21

Nothing on T-Mobile UK…

31. Sweden, Telia – updated just now and everything seems to be working fine.

Reboot took a couple of minutes tho (5-6 mins) – be patient. :)

32. Stephen

Cheers Eaglenet!

I changed the date then turned on wifi and as you say it prompts you almost immediately.

I’m using a non branded phone in the Czech Republic which was bought in the UK

It looks just like the preparatory update. It creates a “system software update” menu under settings/about phone.

Part 1 complete!!
    Cheers!!

33. seaempty

/  June 15, 2010

Yep, my thanks to Eaglenet too! Changing the date works like a charm!

34. UK and 3 Network, no update as yet. :(

35. USA HTC Hero Owner

/  June 15, 2010

FINALLY! I have an unbranded HTC Hero that I got from the UK. Put the date to July 15th as suggested, got the update (took like 30 seconds to download and about 5-10 minutes to install). Now give me my freaking 2.1 update already! Also, there should be a download option not just OTA.

36. Gary C

/  June 15, 2010

Amazing reporting, chaps! Someone ought to make a Google Maps mashup of all this data so we can watch it spread across the continent :)

37. k0zmic

/  June 15, 2010

CONFIRMED: The System update using the time trick words on my G2 (UK Tmobile) Not just on Un-branded phones.

38. al

/  June 15, 2010

Mine updated yesterday (monday). UK T-Mobile.

39. k0zmic

@Al

Did you receive the whole 2.1 update or just the preliminary, preparatory update? Just curious because I did the time trick and I downloaded the initial update then when another pop up appeared I stupidly pressed back by accident.

40. al

/  June 15, 2010

Just the prep. No 2.1 yet!

41. k0zmic

@Al

Thanks for that, I’ve heard rumors that 2.1 should be fully rolled out on the 18th. Hopefully T-Mobile won’t take weeks to ‘optimize’ it.

42. hsr

/  June 15, 2010

G2 touch user) my screen has been showin the small fone icon next to white triangle with yellow exclamation mark inside it for the past hour and a half…any suggestions anyone?

43. Dan

/  June 15, 2010

Tried time trick, rebooted phone several times. No update. Looks like Orange branded Heroes are going to have to wait, AGAIN -_-

44. mb21

The ‘time trick’ didn’t work on my T-Mobile Hero…sigh

45. 3 in UK…No update as of yet. My friend on T-Mobile got his today. He said its 1 of the 2 updates he will be receiving. He said 2nd will come on Friday, thats 18th aka “the date”!!!

46. n1cpm

/  June 15, 2010

No update on my UK unbranded hero running on vodafone network. Like others, i tried to get the update by changing the date but still nothing.

oh well. Will just have to wait a little longer i guess!

47. steevo

/  June 15, 2010

Spain – orange, tried the date trick. Nothing… got to wait i gues…

48. Alex

/  June 15, 2010

Hey does anyone know what the new features are. the youtube looks the same. The only difference that I have noticed, is that when i went into the market, I got a notification that there were updates.

Anyone know if there are any new updates more obvious or hidden? I also have a check now for firmware version in settings but think that was before Surely it should be firmware version 1.51 not 1.5 again.

Thanks

Alex

49. Elliot

Nothing on Three from UK :(
    Any luck for any other Three customers?
    Bring on 2.1!

50. Tariq

/  June 15, 2010

My Hero is on Orange but unlocked and got a 3 sim card in. Tried changing the date but nothing yet. :-(

51. Mr Haugsdal

/  June 15, 2010

The trick worked for me.
    Telenor Norway.
    Now I am waiting for the real Android 2.1 update…

52. Alan

UK/T-Mobile (G2 Touch)
    Rebooted phone last night and it said there was an update which I accepted.
    Now have a “System Software Update” option which I don’t think was there before. Can’t see any difference to YouTube.

My build number doesn’t match the one on Hero website though.

Mine is 2.73.110.91

53. Craig

UK/T-Mobile G2 Touch

I used the date advance trick, and the notification appeared immediately and prompted me to update. My phone then went about downloading the update. Once this had finished, I saw the same prompt as the first time. I pressed to proceed and this time my phone restarted, showing me a yellow update bar. This took about 5 minutes to complete. Once that was done, the phone restarted again and got to the T-mobile screen, where it sat for around another 5 minutes when I saw the buttons light up. It then booted as normal.

The Youtube update does make a difference (I watch Youtube videos from my phone quite regularly).

My build number is now 2.73.110.91 – must be a T-mobile thing.

Roll on 2.1!

54. androidnewbie

/  June 16, 2010

From what I understand the only phones that will be getting the OTA updates are the ‘officially branded’ Google phones like the G1, G2 and Nexus One, all other models will be updated through the HTC Support pages for each specific model. My Hero is on 3 UK and I haven’t had anything…

55. Mat

/  June 16, 2010

I’m with BT Mobile / Broadband Anywhere in the UK (“Unbranded” phone, piggybacked on Vodafone, I believe.) and received my notification this morning. YAY! BUT I was on the way out to work and didn’t have time to do it, so I asked to be reminded later. Does anyone know how much later is “later”?

56. Steve

I am on Orange UK.
    I tried the date trick but didn’t work and still dont have any FOTA

57. I’m on Orange UK and the date-advance trick worked for me. All installed and build-number matching the one on the support pages.

58. Simen

/  June 16, 2010

I’m on Chess Norway and the trick worked for me flawlessly.

59. Steve

/  June 16, 2010

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I do realise I am not getting alerts when there is an update for apps but when I look in the ‘About Phone’ section there is ‘Search for Updates’

60. Edd

/  June 16, 2010

UK – Unbranded Hero on Orange Network – No update, even after changing date, rebooting phone… etc. This will be painful if it happens when the 2.1 update occurs. Anyone else upset we’ll never get 2.2 on a phone that desperately needs the speed update?

61. androidnewbie

/  June 16, 2010

Has anyone with a 3UK Hero had an update yet?!

62. cashmang

@androidnewbie

haha stop jumping from website to website XD,
    when did you get your hero, maybe we have to wait until its sent to ours, i got mine quite late it must of been around Feb at a guess

63. androidnewbie

@cashmang

lol!! These seem to be the only 2 websites discussing this properly! I got mine before Christmas and have been waiting with bated breath ever since. I’ve had no end of problems with mine too, it’s been in for repair twice in that time and even now things are beginning to stop working like email, widgets etc, it’s like it’s just starting to shut down so I need this update desperately!!

The ting I can’t understand is why would this OTA update not be available to everyone as this it seems is merely an enabling update for the main 2.1 update, so what possible reason could there be for not rolling it out to every phone now and then stagger the release of 2.1 depending on your network? Who can possible explain what’s going on with bot HTC and the always unpredictable 3UK!

64. cashmang

@androidnewbie

i agree with you 100% things have started to go wrong with my phone with emails and texts notifications. but its still more fun then my old nokia

i have a feeling, well a guess that the pre update is mainly setting the phone up so it can take such a large file via phone updates.

waiting for this was annoying, news out that Taiwan had it…we had to wait….then everyone but 3uk and orange are getting it all around us, and yet we still have to wait grrrr rage!

btw have you noticed an improvement since 3uk ‘improved’ there network? i find my 3g and my HSDPA connections have got worse….

65. androidnewbie

@cashmang

Oh yeah, I do love Android compared to my old Nokia E71 although it still needs some refinement, some of the apps are a joke and should never be allowed near the market, I’m all for open source but I hate having to trawl through so much rubbish just to get an app that’s ultimately just a stripped down and worse looking app of the iPhone version. Never quite understood why google maps was quite so terrible compared to the iPhone considering it’s a google app, same goes for the Gmail app too. I can’t wait to have a decent package of apps like everyone else seems to have already…

I agree, this update is just to set the phone up for the main update, therefore everyone should get it regardless of network which is what’s p*#%ing me off!!

The network around London is generally OK but sometimes it will just disappear for no reason, then about half an hour later will come back. It’s a terrible network really and won’t be going with 3UK again after this but I just hope they at least furnish us with these updates in the meantime and make the remainder of my contract (18 looooong months!) go a little smoother.

What are your thoughts of 3UK?

66. blob

/  June 16, 2010

Got a popup in the morning, but had to cancel due to roaming. Just few hours ago after crossing the German border I did a “time trick” and got the update popup.

Process has completed correctly. Useless improvement though…

HTC Hero, P4, Poland

67. cashmang

/  June 16, 2010

i find that for calls and texts it fine as i live just out of london myself, but the 3g is abit on the flaky from time to time. but i had so many issues with orange and vodafone! and plus i like my current number and i dont want the hassle of transfering it across to another network. and my deal isnt too bad, but im on the 24 month contract XD, i still have my nokia to fall back on if it doesnt ‘work out’ but fingers crossed they will get it to us soon.

i think changing the date just make the hero search for updates so i will be changing the date every 10 seconds…. :P okay every 3 hours or so :)

HURRY UP THREE

68. han soolo

/  June 16, 2010

I did the date trick and got a promt to download update just a few seconds later. Let’s see how it works..

Finland/Sonera

69. Mlaik

/  June 16, 2010

How do i get my Hero to update im in the uk using a orange uk sim on a orange branded phone none if the date tricks work

70. Mihir

/  June 16, 2010

its 11.30pm, i am on 3uk, stuck with htc hero 1.5 without any notifications for the fota..waiting..still waiting..anyone on 3 done the update as yet?

71. n1cpm

/  June 17, 2010

unbranded hero with a vodafone sim. I changed the year to 2011 and then rebooted. I got the update message a few minutes later. This is only the first part of the update, so no 2.1 yet. I’m hoping HTC are going to release the second part of this update on the 18th.

Hope this works for others.

72. cashmang

/  June 17, 2010

@Mihir

all 3uk users as far as i know haven’t received an update as yet, the same goes with orange i think

73. cashmang

/  June 17, 2010

i hear 3uk are currently testing the new update, they didnt give a date of release but hey its progessing :)

74. mb21

/  June 17, 2010

I’m in the UK on T-Mobile, I’ve tried changing the time and restarting my phone numerous times and still nothing is happening. It’s been 2 days!!!

75. rajat

/  June 17, 2010

I bought HTC hero frm Orange,UK. got to india….unlocked d fone….using dis fone frm last 1 month in India. Changed date n time zone……still no update :(

76. Natashaa

/  June 18, 2010

I’m in the UK on T-Mobile. I’ve tried rebooting my phone, changing the date numerous times, and tried playing about with all the settings.
    Still no update!
    Can it be received over wi-fi or must I be on 3G at the time?
    At home, I can’t get any 3G so I’m on w-fi all the time.

77. SilverSurfer

/  June 18, 2010

I’ve got an unlocked HTC Hero, turned it on when I got home last night and it immediately downloaded and updated over my home WiFi connection. No need to play any tricks. Naturally it could not download over work WiFi because that has a proxy so it doesn’t work with Android!

78. I on 3uk, tried changing the date/year forward and still noting at all.

79. cashmang

/  June 18, 2010

3uk from what i heard are still testing the update, the same applies to orange users

fingers crossed we will get our soon

80. marlon

/  June 18, 2010

I’m on orange is there anyone on orange UK that got the first part of the update ?

81. zebadee

/  June 18, 2010

i am on t-mobil. i just changed the date to 2011 and acepted the changes and got the update straight away.

82. robogo

/  June 19, 2010

The year advancement trick worked for me, installed it right away, waiting for the phone to boot up. (HTC Hero, Croatia)

Works. :)

83. NB

/  June 19, 2010

on 3UK PAYG still no update for either update

tried date trick with no luck

tried to phone 3 technical support and got to the indian call center
    poor woman was very confused and after 20mins of being put on hold and being told that indeed I can use android on my HTC Hero I gave up

obviously 3 is very cunning in hiding info from its customers behind confused and unknowing call center staff

84. NB

/  June 19, 2010

Oh also phoned HTC UK support and got a very nice explanation of why some people must be taking a while to get some (but did not explain why 3 and orange were not getting updates)

The guy basically told me this

Now imagine all the HTC Hero’s in europe trying to download the updates all at once, the servers will block to many on a list in order to ensure a nice speedy download for those who get through… just wait for your HTC Hero to check for updates again roughly every 14 days and you will get it.

so from what I gathered from that is that there is a list of Hero S/N’s and basically they are being offered in order on the list….. but that could just be a crock of s***

3 is probably just trying to put on a load of their own stuff into the update to ensure you get free 3UK stuff like skype so as to prevent hassle for users but damn man I’ve been waiting too long and I go on deployment in a couple weeks. I demand an update! I want my shiny new 2.1 to be ready for when I come back home.

*pouts and grumbles*

85. bilbo

/  June 19, 2010

Orange UK, no update, tried date trick, nothing!!!!! Rang Orange customer support, but they said update would simply come via HTC, gonna ring them again later

86. Still waiting on an update for my 3UK Hero. :(

87. Zero

/  June 19, 2010

hi! ive got the t mobile g2 touch, yes i av recieved an update but my build number is 2.73.110.91 and not what it said on the page. Does this effect the 2.1 update, cos i heard that to sucessfully install the 2.1 update, your Hero needs to run the latest ROM version (2.73.405.5) dated 11 September 2009.
    got that from this article:
    so my question is would it effect the android 2.1 update.

88. ga

/  June 24, 2010

Hi!
    I’ve received the update 3 days ago and since than my HTC Hero crashes every day. It says TouchFlo 3D error and tries to force close again and again. Anyone has the same problem?

89. radim

/  June 24, 2010

Date trick worked. ;)

90. radim

/  June 24, 2010

But still 1.5 – info for zero;)

91. ABDULLAH

/  June 27, 2010

i bought my phone on orange but unlocked it and are using a 3 sim my software which i updated is 2.73.61.66. i updated in february should i expect an update???????

92. Shep

/  June 27, 2010

Can someone tell me why my Droid do not work In Iraq? I had a blackberry that worked fine I upgrade to the new droid and now I can’t get a signal to save my life. Need you opinion

93. Didn’t really know where to post this but the sponsorship of this blog by SE:xperia (the three flash advert banners) makes this unreadable on my phone and makes my laptop really lag to the point where I don’t know if I can be bothered to look here at the moment. Is there anyway they can be replaced by static images?

94. Gary C

/  June 27, 2010

I’ll ask them. The ads are booked to run for a few weeks, so won’t be a permanent thing anyway.

Thanks for your patience thus far.

95. Might have to just grin and bear it for a while but it cant be good advertising for Sony if they are lagging peoples computers. People will just close the browser and certainly wont click the ads.

96. blob

/  June 30, 2010

2.1 is here! Just received the update notification.

97. Craig

/  July 2, 2010

I’ve just got the update to v 2.73.110.91 (T-Mobile).
    I’ve been trying the date trick periodically for the past couple of days, but only worked today.

It adds a ‘System Software Update’ option to the Settings>About Phone menu.
    Can’t see any difference with the YouTube app, but I barely used it anyway.

Waiting for the proper update now…

98. Bryce

/  July 13, 2010

Ive been trying to update my htc hero to the android 2.1 firmware, and for some reason every time I try to do it over the air, my phone tells me there are no updates available. Im currently using the 1.5 firmware version. Also, IM just curious if this will fix my external speaker problem. For Some reason the speaker no longer works at all. No ringtones or music will come out. Any advice is appreciated.

• Carlos

/  August 2, 2010

I had this problem…. you need to adjust your media volume. i got this issue when i manually switched my phone to silent.

99. I am from Mumbai, India. I bought the phone from Singapore in one of my trips. I received the notification to upgrade twice (in a duration of almost 3 weeks) but since I was in a meeting at both times, I avoided and said later. Check up on the net to find ways of initiating the upgrade but found nothing important and landed on this page.

Does anyone have any idea of how to initiate the FOTA upgrade?
    Thanks and Good day!

Kapil

100. Just Updated…
    its awsome..

101. Just Updated…
    its awsom..

102. is it me or does Orange suck?
    yesterday the update became available on my phone, but i was out and about, so i clicked “download later via wifi” or something. however, when i got home and connected to my wireless connection it said “update failed” and I havent seen the update again since! very annoying.

103. Chris

/  July 30, 2010

I tried the date trick, forwarding myself in time to the middle of August. Immediately I got the update notification! I’m on a BT Hero in the UK. However it still says Firmware version 1.5 although my build number has changed from 2.73.405.66 to 2.73.405.95 so somethings happened… maybe the pre-updater? I might try going back to the future again for the second package.

104. Chris

/  July 30, 2010

Basically its added a ‘check for updates’ button on the phone information page. I clicked ‘check now’ and its started to download an 80MB zip file. Must be something interesting!

105. Jeremy

/  August 3, 2010

Be aware that the HTC roll out of Android V2.1 causes bluetooth connection problems to hands free installations. My Hero on v1.5 connected happily to my Tom Tom 930 and also my Pioneer CD-BTB200. After the upgrade I cannot connect to either. I am one of very many who have this problem.

106. Vivek

/  August 4, 2010

Mine is same case as Kapil.
    I am on Vodaphone in India. HTC India asks me to contact 3 UK network on which this phone was probably registered initially.
    I have bought it from dealer and I did not have any idea that it was imported and unlocked.
    Please suggest what options I have? I want to upgrade to 2.1 desperately.

107. cool4life

/  August 11, 2010

Peter from Nigeria, when I got the update prompt, I wanted to backup my contacts and all so i clicked on the home scene. When I wanted to access the update, I could not find it. Please how can I get prompt again. I have tried the back-date and front-date, to no avail. Hope it has a solution…Holla!!!

108. Mick Symonds

/  August 12, 2010

I am using an HTC Hero on KPN in The Netherlands.
    I have seen no sign of Android 2.1 yet, but would like to; has anyone else got it, and is there anything I can do to hurry it along?
    BTW: I tried upgrading HTC Sync to 2.0.33 and have problems with Windows Installer. Has anyone fixed that?

• Mick Symonds

/  August 12, 2010

… having said which, I had another go at resetting the date, and we have lift-off! ;o)
      Simply set the year to 2011 and after a couple of minutes it offered me a 4.37 MB upgrade, to build 2.73.405.93, which said it updated YouTube but also added a “System Software Upgrade” option on the About menu.
      When I selected that, it offered me a 79.88 MB upgrade, which is just uppacking but I guess to be Android 2.1.
      Here’s hoping I have a good backup of all my data! I had AppBrain installed, which should find all my other applications for me …

• Mick Symonds

/  February 16, 2011

But having run Eclair (2.1) for a while, I am ready for Froyo (2.2).
        I gather that that will help with moving applications off the phone onto the SD card, so I don’t run out of memory so often.
        Does anyone know if we can expect Froyo on KPN, and when?

109. Richard

/  August 21, 2010

Have a T-Mobile G2, SIM unlocked, with a non-T-mobile SIM in it.

Am in an area with no T-Mobile (or Orange, or 3, or Vodaphone) coverage.

Is there a link to download the upgrade from, or has it *got* to be done over the air?

110. lotya

/  August 23, 2010

i’m on 3UK Hero , had find a way to update.
    run

which is offical rom same as the one in your phone, due to update you shall lost all you personal staff, than when new setup, you shall get a note for update, just follow it to download. same as other banded Hero

111. spacecadetuk

/  September 5, 2010

just received another update over the air already had 2.1 so not sure what this is, downloading now and will post what happens

112. spacecadetuk

/  September 5, 2010

well all i can see that has happened is that i’ve lost the htc weather/clock widget :-(

113. spacecadetuk

/  September 5, 2010

Got the weather/clock widget back had do the old ” turn it on and off again ” so I can’t see any change at all must be performance related update

114. I’m on 3UK, still running 1.5. Haven’t had any update prompts at all yet. Tried to force an update by dialling 682, put the date forward three years. Nothing.

115. Sonic01, Jim J.

If you’re on Orange, the update works fine. First you have to make sure you have the latest ROM upgrade from the HTC website:

For Orange handsets, the direct link is:

Then check that your Software number is: 2.73.61.66.

If this is the case, reset your phone and you may receive an two updates, the first is a small one, the second is the ROM upgrade to 2.1.
    This worked for me perfectly. Other people have had to change their dates FORWARD a few month for the updates to arrive.

The key is to make sure you’re on Software number 2.73.61.66, anything lower and nothing will happen.

Good luck.

116. Asif

/  December 23, 2011

When I want to check any updates, I can’t find my system software update icon to check. Can anyone help?

1. Tweets that mention HTC Hero firmware upgrade now live – YouTube and “client update” promised » EuroDroid -- Topsy.com
  2. HTC issues NEW Hero ROM update – only for those who have already updated » EuroDroid
  3. UPDATE: Dutch HTC Twitter account confirms roll out of HTC Hero Android 2.1 » EuroDroid
  4. HTC: Final Android 2.1 update “yet to have a release date” » EuroDroid
  5. Trillian messenger client on its way to Android | Gadget Public Information
  6. UPDATE: Android 2.1 update “Part Two” launches for T-Mobile G2 Touch users » EuroDroid
  7. UPDATE: Android 2.1 “Part Two” upgrade launches for T-Mobile G2 Touch users | Android Tablet Devices